Here are some of the questions you might ask.
- Do you have a contractor’s license in Colorado? Can I see it?
- Are you insured and bonded? Ask for details on their insurance policy.
- Is installing exterior siding products your primary business?
- How long have you been installing siding?
- Which types of siding material do you recommend? Why?
- How long does it usually take from start to finish?
- How soon would my job be completed if I hired you?
- What will my cost be for this project?
- Does this price include removal of old siding and clean up?
These may seem like simple questions, but they will give you enough information to make an informed decision. Whenever possible, conduct this interview in person with the owner of the business, and get a written estimate that includes as much detail as possible about the contractor’s recommendation. Obviously, the more Colorado Springs siding contractors you meet with, the easier it will be to make the right choice.
Once you have met with a handful of siding contractors and all of your questions are satisfactorily answered, it’s time to make a decision. Make sure you have a comfort level with the siding manufacturer that you choose, and don’t be afraid to ask for references. Before you sign any paperwork, be sure you have a clear estimate of the cost of the job and a well-defined project timeline. If nothing else, this exercise will prove to you that not all Colorado Springs siding contractors are created equal.