Here are some tips that you should consider when looking for a siding contractor:
- Start doing your research online. This can be much more informative than shopping the Yellow Pages because many professional siding contractors have detailed websites that showcase their work. Study each website thoroughly and make a note of their services and contact names.
- Ask your neighbors, friends and relatives for recommendations. A personal endorsement from a satisfied customer is worth much more than a contractor’s ad. You will still want to do your own research, but recommendations can shorten the process.
- Consider the pricing estimates you receive from each contractor and see how each of them compares to your budget. You may need to go higher than your budget if the contractor’s services are worth it, but don’t hesitate to ask for a discount.
- Most siding contractors will provide you with a written contract. This document should include the cost estimate, description of work to be done, payment schedules and a completion date. Be sure to read this contract carefully and ask questions about anything that is unclear.
- If necessary, the siding contractor you select should also remove the old siding. Make sure this is included in their contract and will not be considered an “extra.” Along these same lines, ask for details about how the contractor will clean up the area at the end of each work day.
If you don’t particularly like the look of vinyl, be sure to check out fiber cement siding. It has a richer look, holds color better and it can dramatically increase the resale value of your home. Heart House Creations is one of the best known siding contractors in Colorado Springs. In addition to vinyl siding and windows, they specialize in James Hardie® cement siding.
When looking for professional siding contractors specializing in fiber cement siding, Colorado Springs residents should consider Heart House Creations.