The following is a list of questions to ask your replacement window installer during the first phone call. You may not need to ask every question on the list, but be sure to cover the first five or six listed below.
- How long have you been in the window installation business? What is your specific experience with vinyl window installations in my area?
- Is there a specific brand or type of window that frequently recommend? Why?
- What are your payment terms?
- Do you have a permanent installation crew or do you subcontract the work whenever you get a new job?
- How do you handle service issues after the installation is complete?
- How often are you on-site during the installation process?
- What is your standard procedure for finishing out a window’s interior of the windos after installation? Is painting ever a part of your installation package?
- How far in advance are your services usually booked? How long would a ten window installation project take you?
- Do you offer free estimates?
- What kind of warranties do you offer on the installation of the window, which is above and beyond the window’s warranty?
- Can you provide me with customer referrals?
When you’ve completed this interview with a handful of prospective contractors, take a few minutes to compare the answers and you will discover which replacement window installers to call back for an appointment.